Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cold chill in Boston but much News and would love your comments on this weeks blog

The cold chill moved in this week in Boston as it snows once again this Sunday. Is it becoming a Sunday Ritual? It does not stop me from going out to stores as I did .Last week I started my week by visiting boutiques on Monday with LeatherDesigner'shttp://www.designerleatherclothes.com/ on Beacon Hill where they carry several of my handbag's and cuffs Turtle http://www.turtleboston.com/ Located in the South End is another store that carries my cuff's. They also sold several of my cuff's over the holidays and are restocking the wonderful boutique located on Tremont Street this week The topic i want to discuss in my blog is persistence and humility as a artist rather than prestige. Tuesday Evening I began my first night of a decoupage class at the Cambridge Adult Education, The class was a total of ten woman. The first night is a introduction, In my classes the theme is encouragement and working off the creativity of one another. You may be a artist or any profession but the idea is to recreate a home decor item while learning many various decoupage and faux finish technique's. The definition of Humility is having a a characteristic trait of an unpretentious and modest person, Without this characteristic i would of never become a full time artist nor been able to work with other artists or people in general, I grew up with a Mother who encouraged me. My Father was a businessman. Do what you want , be determined, stay right sized and don't let anyone tell you can't do something. When i teach Marketing yourself as an artist it is essential to have the trait of humility which is basically willing to learn without being pretentious. On Thursday i met with Plumchoice.com . This is a online service provider for those of you who need a computer tune up . They actually go right into your computer and can do everything over the phone, Presto, my computer problems were fixed!http://plumchoice.com/ Lastly I just got commissioned in London to do a personalized handbag this week.The Client in London is sending me photograph's of memoirs of there grandfather. So I am always Learning what awaits and now London does.

No comments: