Friday, June 30, 2023

Summer 2023 work

 Summer is here and I am working on several new pieces that are inspired from mixed media. I have been a professional  decoupage artist 18 years. My work is always changing and evolving . I think about things and how i can transform them to create something different. This was derived from decoupage cuff that I did of a theme of a clock in Peru. Over the collage I took a earring, pin and buttons to derive a art deco feel. 

This next piece was a theme of a compass I did with paper onto a cuff. Most of my work is derived from a clock theme . When I think about time it resinates a feeling that is valuable, and everyone funcitions around time. Its a common tool people use and a photo of clock can be so different from the brand, object , watch but it all resinates the same thing which is time . A compass gives us direction and each person is always trying to derive a direction in there lives. My direction has always been goal setting . This piece was done with a necklace I took apart and put on top  of the cuff to formalate a compass fee


This last piece is from a belt buckle. Under neath is a art deco theme, I have always been drawn to art deco and the beauty of it along with vintage feel, Art Deco, short for the French Arts Décoratifs, and sometimes referred to simply as Deco, is a style of visual arts, architecture, and product design, 

My trips to Paris inspire me and i think one is coming soon, Hope you enjoy the new work and you can see all of it in the fall at my art studio for South End Open Studios, Happy Summer to all,

Jenn Sherr



No comments: