Saturday, May 9, 2009

New Boutique's and South End Art Walk Next weekend!!

South End Art walk Next Weekend Check out Jenn Sherr Designs.com to get more information.
Red Bull art of the can go go boots I designed in October 2007. I am submitting again in 5 days a new piece!
  • Next weekend is SOWA ( South End Art Walk).The location this year is at 560 and 580 Harrison Avenue.http://www.sowaartwalk.com/
    All the information can also be found on my website under events.
    JENNSHERRDESIGN.Com
    May has been a really wonderful Month, I got a reorder from a great boutique called Spoiled in Westboro , Massachusetts on May 1. They purchased the logo cuff you can see in my previous blog.
    A second store in Rockport name Karaloopa also purchased a assortment of cuffs on May 3.This store is owned by Heather Sood and it is a wonderful boutique located in the heart of Rockport on Bearskin avenue.
PIK NIK on Martha's Vineyard is a wonderful store. IF you see a kitchen sink with a garden in it than you have found Pik Nik. My mother's work is in the store and I will have my cuff's in there this summer . We will also be doing a trunk show in August.
  • Sunday May 3 I also went to a Red Bull Building party. I am entering the Red Bull art of the can contest for a second time. This year i am doing a very large piece and have been laminating it for a week! I got 50 posters to keep my building my piece.
It is VERY interesting to see what creative minds can do with a can!
Lastly on Tuesday May 4 I was surprisingly emailed by a reporter of The Patriot Ledger who wanted to do a piece on my cuff's. I am always honored when my work is acknowledged and appreciative. Some people have hired what is known as PR personals who specialize in getting your work into magazine's. The rate for this can be between 1000-5000$ depending on what your goals and initiative's are. I have always done all the marketing myself and been in over 20 magazines and newspapers. This is not to ego boost but to prove you can do anything if you want if with determination.
Speaking of determination and creative minds. I have been teaching at the Cambridge Adult Education and the work the student's are doing is amazing.
The next class begins on June 16. All information can be found on
JennSherrDesign.com
Until soon.... Hope to see you at sowa.

No comments: