Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer and Sparkle Spray paint !

It is hard to believe it is already August. The summer has gone by so quickly, Today I had someone pick up a frame at the Studio. It was a commission I did using memorabilia. The frame was for a 50th birthday present.

Another student came today and picked up a trunk they did with a spider man theme.




As summer comes to a close I am ending it the last week teaching teenagers at The Brookline Arts Center.
This class is all about redoing a pair of shoes and making them stylish and fashionable.

These were clogs I did a few years back. They are a french theme, The designer of the clogs is Michael Kors. The other day I was at the Buttery in the South End, This is a local cafe that many people frequent. A man was sitting drinking a capuccino at 7am at the time I usually go after the gym, and asked me if I had spray painted my shoes.
I happened to be wearing a pair of clogs that I spray painted red.  He was very smart to notice I thought to myself.
It occured to me to ask if he was a artist and replied he was not but expressed how creative I was.

He than went on to say the only reason he noticed my shoes were spray painted  was I missed a small spot, As I blushed slightly from my own error I realize the moral of this story is you may  change any color of a shoe but make sure it is even!!

Miu Miu  which part of the Prada family of designers just came out with sparkle sneakers, The shoes are about $ 900. These can easily be made with a can of sparkle spray paint and keds!

Enjoy the rest of the summer!
If you have some teenagers in the city looking for something to do the last week of summer it will be a fun class!

No comments: