Monday, February 23, 2009

Watch this.

Collage Cuff, What type of Watch to you wear? I would love to hear your comments, please scroll down and the comment section is at the very bottom.
Marilyn Monroe Window Paine: JennSherrDesign.Com - http://www.brandonkeithhair.com/ 171 Newbury bought window paine
One of a Kind watch cuff
Sunday I received a email from a woman in the South End who saw this Marilyn Monroe Window Paine. My work has been hanging at a Uptown Expresso . Uptown Expresso is a South End Cafe with a European atmosphere located at 563 Columbus Avenue.
The women inquired about purchasing this piece and we met Sunday and it is officially sold and in a private residence in the South End! The piece was hanging at my favorite cafe in the South End,
I have always used my own idea's along with proper materials to use on objects that I find to resemble a bit of me yet could capture a smile from someone, In addition to using my own idea's, I am consistently reading to get new materials to teach students and build upon my idea's in new york times style sections , magazines and art books.
http://www.utrechtart.com/ is where i get several materials.
Here are some links to some Boutique's that i have recently dropped off new work
http://www.societyofcrafts.org/ Society of Arts and Crafts 178 Newbury Street
http://www.yelp.com/biz/lunarik-fashions-boston- Lunarik Fashions-278 Newbury Street
http://www.designerleatherclothes.com/ Leather Designers 106 Charles Street- Beacon Hill, Boston
I never wear a watch and have not for close to 15 years. However I am fascinated by the design of them. The shapes and the abundance of prices from designer to your 10$ deals I never look at my wrist for time .
My days usually start between 5am-6:am where my time is most valuable. I don't set a alarm but automatically get up. It is the most quiet part of the day, my father gets up at 4am and he is close to 80 years old.
You will find me at Kinko's making color copies or at the gym clearing my head before the day begins.
If i know i need to be somewhere i will also automatically get up and do not need a alarm,
The idea of watches fascinates me and when i see people wearing them it tends to tell a story about who they are to some degree.
I see a couple who both bought watches to signify there love for one another, It was not a diamond but costly and status like. I also witness husband's buying there wife's watch's small and dainty again costly but not a diamond,
How about Cartier? What is it about Cartier watches? Is it status?
HISTORY........
Cartier was founded in 1847 by Louis- Francois Cartier, he was the son of a powder horn maker.
In 1920 he joined with Jaeger le couture company.
Reputation for the finest quality of jewerly and accessories.
What about chopard?
History.....................
Chopard was founded in 1860 by Louis-Ulysse Chopard.
Reputation for Luxury Watches and is a Private held company
When you see someone with a Rolex watch what do you think?
Do you think they are cautious about time? Do you think they are on a schedule?
When i did some research on the Rolex this is what i came up with.
History....................
Founded in 1905
Status symbol (according to business weekly)
Ranked #71 among a list of 100 most valuable watches.
Lastly i picked a fourth watch brand
Bulgari-BVLGARI=name for Greek founder
History... Bvlgari was founded in 1857
Founder Sotirios Voulgaris
Luxury Brands
Watch's really fascinate me, the design, and all the concepts of them
Each week in my blog i will capture a brand and history on them. Look at your co-worker , friend, parent or stranger and a watch tells much more than time..................... My time this week is being put toward commission jobs and finishing some projects.
Saturday is the last day of a intensive decoupage workshop.
Until next week....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can you use images from magazines without getting into copyright trouble??