Monday, March 16, 2009

March 15- JennSherrDesignlogo

This is my logo for Jenn Sherr Designs, It never was in tented to be my logo when i made this.
I designed this cuff about 4 years ago on a whim,
After living in South Beach for five years I was and prior to that always fascinated by fashion, fashion models and design. I could never quite figure out where to Chanel my own work.
I thought to myself i will put some models i love on things like Kate Moss, Scarlet Johanson and my favorite Uma Thurman.
I would put it out at shows next to my business cards. What astounded me was the attention the cuff got and how people wanted to purchase it.
. The trouble was i did not want to sell it, and had no idea when i made it that it would grab so much attention,
I took a photo of the cuff and designed my business cards with this and began getting stationary and other things with it.
As time went on i got orders for this cuff, and last Feb it was placed in the Boston Globe Find section . My Uma Bag i designed has been in the Boston Globe, Worcester telegram and gazette, Miami living and many more other editorials,,,,
I managed to figure how i would make a similar cuff and my point to all of this is you truly never know what one thing you design will turn into or the response it would get..............as i tell my students and hold true to myself always think out side of the Box.

1 comment:

Penney said...

Jenn, You have been a great source of inspiration for me. I hope you have a super day!
xo,
Penney